The goal of the Niti Foundation is to substantively engage Nepalese in remaking Nepal through Nepali-led policy change. To achieve this goal, the long-term objectives are envisaged to be
- To identify, support, and convene present and future leaders in policy change.
- To support networking and coalition building for policy change.
- To promote sustainability of Nepali organizations and individuals that work on policy change.
The modality for achieving these objectives will be through grants made to Nepali organizations and individuals to support policy change.
The sub-objectives of Niti Foundation are as follows:
- Bring in a sense of ownership among Nepalis towards policy development processes.
- Spread awareness about the gaps in policy framework and the need to address them promptly.
- Identify and bring together key actors from government, non-government, international, bilateral and multilateral agencies, along with activists, scholars and policy shapers to address policy gaps and generate widely relevant conceptual insights.
- Promote exchange of insights, experiences and ideas through cooperative programs and arrangements.
- Support Nepali organizations and individuals that work on policy change and recommend alternative policy ideas and options.
- Provide financial backing to institutions and individuals that make significant contributions towards policy based deliberations.
- Develop and institutionalize a Foundation that is responsive to result-oriented policy formulation based on sound economic and political analysis that is validated by constant dialogues and partnerships with stakeholders from public and private sectors.
- Encourage philanthropic enterprise among Nepali individuals and institutions towards ownership of public policies.