Niti Foundation partnered with National Association of Community Electricity Users Nepal (NACEUN) to organize various activities for processing of NERC bill in Constituent Assembly (CA). They were:
- Policy mobilization: Members of NACEUN and journalists met key policy actors in the Constituent Assembly and in Ministry of Energy individually to pressurize for necessary steps to table the bills in the CA.
- Community meetings in ten districts: NACEUN organized community consultative meetings in the following districts: Jhapa, Morang, Dolakha, Kavre, Lalitpur, Dhading, Gulmi, Parbat, Syanja, and Dhangadi. Local citizens, representatives from the government, and CA members from the respective districts participated in the meetings. The citizens expressed their policy concerns regarding the bills to the CA members, and the attended CA members also expressed their commitment to raise policy issues expressed by the citizens in the CA.
- Meeting with parliamentary committee meetings: NACEUN organized a meeting with members of Agriculture and Water Resources Committee on the need and urgency of the NERC and Electricity bill for the country. The committee chair and other CA members made strong commitment to pressurize the government and to hold necessary discussions in the parliament.
- Program on “Legal and institutional arrangement for sustainable and faster rural electrification in Nepal”: It was organized to discuss about the role of rural electrification in Nepal’s context and major policy issues for sustainable and faster rural electrification in Nepal.
- Program with communities involved in rural electrification: The community groups presented common policy issues to be addressed in the electricity bill to Minister of Energy.
- Fellowship to journalists: Various fellowships awarded to journalists for publishing news related to NERC bill and Electricity bill.